Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Present Simple

Present Simple



To be Form 

I
am
You
are
He
She
It
is
You
We
They
are

Action verbs form   
Positive Form
Negative Form
I
You
We
They

cook
catch
I
You
We
They

do not
don’t
cook
catch
He
She
It
cooks
catches
He
She
It
doesn't
cook
catch
Questions
Do you cook/catch?                                                                 Don’t you cook/catch?
Does he catch/cook?                                                               Do you not cook/catch?
Where does she cook/catch?
What do you cook/catch?
Tag Question
You cook/catch, don’t you?                                              You don’t cook/catch, do you?
 1.     To talk about the truth(Habit truth, Permanent human truths, Scientific truths)

Ex.

  •  He writes ten books per year.
  •  The sun sets in the west.
  •  Khmer new year celebrates on April 14th.
  •  The Water freeze at 0 degree celsius.
  •  The Sugar is sweet


2. It is used with imperative sentence: to give instruction direction or   demonstration

Ex. 

  • Pass me a book ,please.
  • Go to Kampot with me.
  • Show me your hand , please.
  •  Pour that hot water into the glass and then put some sugar.
  •  Go straight and turn right .the toilet is there.

 3.    To talk about a repeated action or a habitual action 

Ex.

  • I go to visit Angkor Wat , the most beautiful and oldest temple. in Cambodia once a year.
  • I swim at Kep beach every weekend.
  • I go to study at Preah Norodomranariddh every day.
  • Kampot, a province of everything, has a lot of tourists on   every holiday.
  • Students who study in grade 10 at  Preah Norodomranariddh   high school always celebrate a party at the end of the year.
4.  Narrative uses:
Ex.

  • He walks toward a car, He tries to open the car door, he starts the engine and leaves.

 *** Note

1. To be (am, is, are)


Full form (positive)
Contract
Full form (question)
Contract
I am
You are
We are
They are
He is
She is
He is
It is
I’m
You’re
We’re
They’re
He’s
She’s
He’s
It’s
I am not
You are not
We are not
They are not
He is not
She is not
He is not
It is not
I'm not
You aren’t
We aren’t
They aren’t
He isn’t
She isn’t
He isn’t
It isn’t.

2. Spelling of the verbs when it uses with third person singular noun.

  a. Verbs ending by consonant -y normally change -y to -ies. 

      Ex. I study/ He studies. you hurry/ She hurries.

  b. Verbs ending by "ch, sh, s, ss, o, x" normally add -es

      Ex. I pass/ He passes. I watch/Bora watches. They wash/ Sok washes. I box/She boxes.           I go/It goes.

  C. Besides the two above, normally add -s to the verbs

      Ex. I play/ He plays. I speak/She speaks.





No comments:

Post a Comment